Do ratchet heights matter for stamina?

 Ever since Beyblade X started, I have always wondered does the height of the ratchet matter as much? I mean....I've been told that higher ratchets are user worse of than shorter ones, but has there been any sort of empirical evidence? Why are they worse? So, while procrastinating for my cybersecurity assignment, I set out to actually see if this assumption was valid. 

Methodology:

Since Wizard Arrow is considered as the quintessential Stamina Beyblade, so I decided to chose that Beyblade attack ring/blade. For the bit, I decided to go with Ball as it is a round tip perfect for stamina combos. Needle and High Needle have a pointed end which make it very sensitive to blade weight distribution hence it was avoided. For ratchets, I used 3-60, 3-80, 4-80 and 4-80. This was also just for myself to see which ratchet was much better on Wizard Arrow. I have always believed it to be 4, but some people had suggested that 3 might be better.

They Beyblade was not part of any bey battle and was left to run freely without any interference. To make sure that any anomalies do not impact the results in a significant way, there were 3 attempts made for each combination and an average was taken. Theoretically the more attempts the better, however due to time constraints I decided that 3 should be enough. 

Results: 

Wizard Arrow: 

(The last column has the averages)


Discussion:

As we can see from the above statistics, the taller the ratchet the less stamina they have. I had discussed this with Zankye (check out his channel on YouTube as he does some very detailed testings, unboxings and review), since the taller ratchets increase the size of the Beyblade, they eventually get more prone to falling over when they are slower and those lose stamina and die. 

This makes me wonder why "Stamina" and "Defense" Beyblades usually come with taller ratchets because their stock combos would be poo poo.  The taller ratchets are also tighter fit with the blades and combining that with the tighter locks on aggressive bits like Tapered or Flat would make it much better on attack Beyblade combos perhaps. That is a topic that needs to be tested in the future. 


Zankye's channel: https://www.youtube.com/@zankye

Zankye's 2nd channel: https://www.youtube.com/@originalzankye



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beyblade X parts analysis

Taking Sides: Whose side are you on anyways?

Brief Introduction to Beyblade X